Mr Bongo have a wealth of one-stop / easy clear tracks for sync. One of the most high-profile acts being the legendary and much sampled Incredible Bongo Band.
The brain child of film and record producer Michael Viner, the band were put together in 1972 to supplement the soundtrack to the B-Movie film The Thing With Two Heads. They went from a loose studio collective to an instrumental pop covers consortium, interpreting classics of the day in their own inimitable percussion-heavy fashion. Viner recorded ‘The Incredible Bongo Band’ at MGM studios during down time assembling line-ups from whoever was available at the time.
Mr Bongo controls all the masters on the rest of the album including covers of ‘Apache’, ‘Wipe Out’, ‘I Can’t Get No Satisfaction’, ‘In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida’ and killer percussive tracks like ‘Let There Be Drums’ and ‘Bongolia’, along with the beautifully laid-back and much sampled ‘Okey Dokey’.
Mr Bongo control the master and publishing sync rights to these #Brazilian #Quirky #Percussion #Sports #Carnival #Batucada #Drums #Instrumentals tracks.
This is a little retro treasure trove of 60s hammond organ, ohs ahs and ba ba bas (my favourite) of Brazilian easy listening tracks. Including some killer cover versions of Music To Watch The Girls Go By, Black Is Black and Our Day With Come. Just lovely.
Sometimes an oh, ah or ba ba ba is all you need. Here are some quirky instrumentals from the legendary Perfect Songs’ catalogue – spanning 808 State and The Art of Noise to FEMME and Nerina Pallot… and a cheeky acid house brass band cover version.
Check out the vocal versions on the youtube playlist below – and get in touch if you’d like MP3s of the instrumentals.
- Snapshot / The Art Of Noise
- Close (to the Edit) / The Art Of Noise
- Moments In Love / The Art Of Noise
- In Yer Face (Brass Band Acid House cover) / Fairey (Geneva) Band
- Fever Boy (instrumental) / FEMME (listen 0:28 in)
- Heartbeat (instrumental) / FEMME (listen at 0:55 in / 2:16 quirky)
- High (instrumental) / FEMME
- Shout Out Loud (instrumental) / FEMME (build 0:36)
- Trouble (instr) / Neon Jungle (listen at 0:15 in)
- Freeman (instr) / Nerina Pallot
- If I Had A Girl (instr) / Nerina Pallot (nice ohs and ah at 2:03 in)
- Bom Bom (instrumental) / Sam and the Womp
- Ravo (instrumental) / Sam and the Womp (listen from 0:32 in)
- Zeppelin (inst) / Sam and the Womp
- Empire / 808 State
- Olympic / 808 State (2:41 – quirky)
- In Yer Face (Cheadle Royal Mix) / 808 State